This addon displays the parent-child relationships as an explorer-style tree, and is now included in the core distribution: simply go to your preferences screen to activate it.
- You can view the tree of all descendants of an item, by selecting the flowchart icon which will appear to the right of the item title, in the itemReport screen
- You can see the tree for the entire database with 'Map Tree' from the Review menu. That might take a bit of time to generate, and give your server some real work to do!
In the tree-view:
- click on the cog next to an item name to get the option of viewing the item, editing it, or pruning the tree at that point, i.e. deleting that item and all its children.
- click on an item name to toggle display of its children
- show or suppress completed items
- show or hide everything below the level of project (or goal, or whatever)
- toggle the display of items on lists and checklists
- you can identify items which are ancestors of themselves: this error condition is indicated by item titles being display in white text on a red background
And here's one I prepared earlier:
See trac:415 and trac:165 for context.